Login or register
To the exclusive Community Services Gateway to Industry Schools Section
This section is only available for Community Services Gateway Schools. Interested in becoming a Community Service Gateway School and would like to know the benefits – click here, then simply send the team an email [email protected] expressing your interest.
If your school is a Community Service Gateway School, but you don’t have an account, simply click on the register button and create an account.
Why become a Community Services Gateway to Industry School?
The sector undeniably being a major source of future jobs, by 2025, the annual jobs growth forecast for the Community Services sector is predicted to be double the average national workforce growth rate and almost treble that of Queensland.*
However careers in the Community Services can be unrecognised by young people, parents and schools and difficult to connect to. The Community Services Gateway to Industry Schools project provides that connection and works with schools, industry, employers, training providers and families to build experiential pathway for tomorrows community services workforce.
What are the benefits?
- Exclusivity of being a Community Service Gateway to Industry School
- Industry connections in nine sectors including Children’s Education and Care, Community Services, Aged Care, Disability, Leisure and Health, Education, Mental Health, Social Work, Youth Work)
- Supports schools National School Improvement Tool requirements for School-community Partnerships through building partnerships with business and community to improve opportunities and outcomes for students.
- Access to Community Services Career Education resources portal (Teachers and Students)
- Provides information to Guidance Officers, Heads of Department, VET Coordinators, Career Advisors to support SET Planning discussions with parents and students interested in the community services sector
- Targeted recruitment with State-wide Employers to increase employment outcome pathways for students in Year 12 (that may be reflected in Next Step Data)
Support you’ll receive as a Community Services Gateway School
NDS – National Disability Services (the peak body for the disability sector) has been funded by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) to deliver the Community Services Gateway to Industry Schools Project.
As a Community Services Gateway School, you will have exclusive access to:
- Career education resources
- Access to online Human Services Workforce Pathways Programs (VETiS funded and QCE attainment)
- A suite of programs, events and activities for your students
- Connection with local industry to build sustainable partnerships
- Opportunity to connect and collaborate with Community Services Gateway Schools across Queensland
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to a dedicated marketing social media campaign to inspire students, build knowledge for teachers and parents
- Responsive support from the project team
Your key commitments as a Community Services Gateway Industry School:
- To nominate a key school contact/s to work with the Community Services Gateway team
- Participation in the projects regional reference group and school engagement group meetings
- Engagement with the project team to establish project goals and outcomes
- Promote and highlight the exclusive title of being a Community Services Gateway to Industry School
- Promotion of community services careers to students, teachers, families
- Sharing of de – identified data surrounding student and teacher engagement in the project activities, events and programs
- Build and sustain partnerships with Community Services sector industry and employer
Want to express your interest? Contact the Community Services Gateway to Industry Schools Project Team to hear more.
(*Deloitte Access Economics, 2016, Forecasting the future: Community Services in Queensland 2025 Full Report)
Want access to exclusive resources, career information and professional development, then become a CS gateway school today!