The Community Services Gateway to Industry Schools project aims to provide schools the resources to inform students about the range of careers and pathways in Community Services sector.
- Inform students about careers and pathways for future learning in Community Services industries.
- Create learning opportunities at schools that expose students to industry skills and experience for jobs now and into the future.
- Work with the Community Services sector to connect and inform suitable young people with relevant career and job opportunities.
- Provide students with industry-focused further training and education to help meet their career goals.
- Create sustainable partnerships between schools and industry to develop learning and work experience opportunities for students.
- Provide experiential learning opportunities to enable students to make informed decisions about their career pathway.
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in employment
Project’s Governance Structure
The Community Services Gateway to Industry Schools Project has an established governance structure, displayed in the image to the left.
A State Wide Advisory Group oversees the strategic direction of the project and includes relevant peak bodies within the community services sector, plus representatives from the Department of Small Business and Training, State and Private Education and a selection of state wide employers.
The Principal Leadership Group aims to connect school leaders with senior industry personnel, whilst individual Regional Reference Groups provide an opportunity for school operational staff within each location to connect and collaborate on location based action plans.
National Disability Services
Our members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations and collectively members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability.
NDS seeks to:
- We seek to provide access for service providers to up to date information analysis and expertise.
- We seek to influence, change, both within the sector and for the sector.
- We enable the sector to meet, exchange information and share experiences with other providers.
- And we provide access to practical resources that disability service providers can use in their organisation.